RHZ is the leading provider of tax services and enjoys a strong reputation in the local industry. We provide our clients with innovative tax solutions for their sophisticated and complex transactions. Our tax consultants are fully conversant with the complex laws and the techniques required for effective and strategic tax planning. As taxation pervasively affects all businesses and their decision-making process, our focus is on providing tax advisory and related services with a problem solving approach. More importantly, the Firm has a full-scale in-house legal team, comprising of advocates and barristers, and an extensive experience in advising on all areas of corporate, commercial, financial and civil law matters. The legal team is well supported by technical experts & specialists in tax, accounting, and corporate maters.
The firm has all the required expertise to tackle any tax related challenges and provide innovative solutions tailored to the specific needs of our clients. Our tax practice is led by highly experienced and qualified professionals who enjoy an excellent reputation for having the expertise and innovation required to resolve tax complexities in a practical way.
Some of our direct tax services include:
- Circularization to clients of various amendments brought about in direct tax laws by the parliament through Finance Acts, Ordinances, etc.
- Corporate and individual tax planning and tax strategy.
- Tax advisory to foreign nationals and foreign entities on conducting business ventures in Pakistan. Evaluation of potential tax exposures and formulation of strategies leading to tax efficiencies.
- Representation before the assessing officers of tax authority and higher forums for finalizing assessment proceedings (either audit or monitoring).
- Representation before the appellate authorities and provision of legal counsel in drafting and finalizing appeals.
- Representation before the Honorable High Courts to obtain relief against adverse actions of tax authorities.
- Legal opinions on interpretation issues in respect of tax laws.
- Resolving and processing of income tax refunds.
- Representation before Federal Tax Ombudsman (FTO).
- Advisory on formation of gratuity funds, provident funds and other employees benefit schemes and their approval from tax authorities.
- Preparing and filing of income tax returns, advance tax liabilities, and statements (withholding statements and salary statements) with the tax authorities.
- Advisory on approval and subsequent exemptions in respect of Not-for-Profit organizations.
- Tax Health Check.
There has been a growing emphasis by the Government of Pakistan on sales tax which is levied on goods through the Sales Tax Act, 1990. Sales tax on services is levied by the respective provinces. Lack of knowledge among the taxpayers and ever-changing regulations in the tax laws has made compliance increasingly difficult. This has caused significant increase in cost to the taxpayers. The firm has the expertise and the experience to meet the growing needs of clients.
The firm offers a complete range of indirect tax services some of which are as follows:
- Advisory on indirect tax mechanism & filing of monthly returns with the tax authorities.
- Resolving and processing of sales tax refunds under the Sales Tax Act, 1990.
- Responding to notices/show-cause notices and representation before the tax authorities (i.e., FBR, SRB, PRA, KPRA, BRA).
- Filing of appeals and representation before appellate tribunals and the Honorable High Courts.
- Advisory and legal opinions on interpretational issues with respect to federal sales tax laws and/or the provincial sales tax laws.
- Conducting tax health checks.
- Drafting and review of legal agreements for various transactions keeping tax planning and tax efficiency in mind.
- Circularization to clients of various amendments brought about in indirect tax laws by the parliament through Finance Acts, Ordinances, etc.