HZCO is the leading provider of tax services and enjoys a strong reputation in the local industry. We provide our clients with innovative tax solutions for their sophisticated and complex transactions. Our tax consultants are fully conversant with the complex laws and the techniques required for effective strategic tax planning.
As taxation pervasively affects all businesses and their decision-making process, our focus is on providing tax advisory and related services with a problem solving approach.
Our tax services include:
- Corporate & Personal Taxation
The firm has all the required expertise to tackle multiple tax related challenges and provide innovative solutions tailored to the specific needs of the business. Our tax practice is led by highly experienced and qualified professionals who enjoy an excellent reputation for having the expertise and innovation required to resolve complexities in a practical way.
We serve our valued clients through:
- Circularization to the client of various amendments brought about in tax laws through Finance Act, Statutory Regulation Orders and comments thereon.
- Formulation of corporate and individual tax planning and strategy.
- Tax advisory services to foreign nationals on conducting business ventures in Pakistan.
- Representation before the assessing officers and higher tax authorities for finalizing assessments.
- Representation before the Federal Board of Revenue.
- E-Filing of income tax returns with the government tax departments.
- Representation before the appellate authorities and provision of legal counsel in preparing appeals to the higher courts.
- Establishing gratuity funds, provident funds and other employees benefit schemes and their approval from tax authorities.
- Advisory on interpretational issues in the tax laws.
- Sales Tax
There has been a growing emphasis by the Government of Pakistan on Sales Tax. Sales tax was levied in 1990 through Sales Tax Act, 1990. Lack of knowledge among the taxpayers and ever-changing regulations in the tax laws has made compliance increasingly difficult. This has casued significant increases in cost to the taxpayer.
The firm has established a separate group equipped with suitably qualified personnel, to meet clients’ growing needs. The firm offers a complete range of sales tax services which are as follows:
- Sales tax system evaluation & filing of returns with the tax department.
- Registration and Deregistration as per legal requirements.
- Advising clients regarding excisable services taxed under the Sales Tax Act, 1990.
- Refund matters under the Sales Tax Act, 1990.
- Handling of show cause notices and representation on behalf of clients before the Customs, Excise & Sales Tax Appellate Tribunal.
Sales tax advisory on interpretational issues in the Sales Tax Act, 1990 and allied rules.